Thursday, July 9, 2009

ASNE lesson plan

I just finished up my lesson plan about an hour ago and submitted it to Steve. It feels good to have accomplished this. I started with something that interested me personally and this seemed to help. The best part was going through the process. I did a lot of Google searches for lesson plans formatting and learned a lot about this while completing the assignment.

My lesson is on how governments and world leaders attempt to get their message out via popular media. I focused in on 4 countries: Israel, Cuba, Venezuela and Russia. I was going to pick North Korea since I have been following the story about the two reporters in custody there but decided to stick with my original choices.

I am going to try this lesson with my class and have it lead into another one where we discuss social media and networking and how government opponent's get their message out.

Well, as my summer nears an end I wish you all well. I head into heavy-duty lesson planning next week so I am ready for the new year.

Mark Silverstein
Media and Journalism Instructor
Douglas High School
Douglas, Arizona

2 comments:

  1. Hi fellow Fellow Mark,
    Check out this link:
    http://www.hsj.org/Teachers/Lesson_Plans/Archive.cfm
    and you'll find 249 lesson plans, written mainly by fellow journalism instructors, ready to use as-is or to adapt to your needs.

    Mark Webber
    Laredo, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mark. Are you interested in links to lesson plans for video production?

    ReplyDelete