Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lesson plan done!

It is 2:39 a.m. here, and I just finished and sent my lesson plan to Steve. It has been on my mind and I hope what I came up with will be helpful. Hopefully it is unique and creative enough, but I'm not sure of that when there are already over 250 plans already posted at www.hsj.org. Is anyone else having problems or worries?

Good luck to anyone who is still dealing with this part. The lesson plan is easily the most difficult assignment for me of all that we were given. We write lesson plans all the time, right? The big deal must be that these will be seen by Steve, Diana and others at ASNE. Even scarier, I'm assuming all the fellows will also be getting them. That's kind of daunting with such an impressive and talented group! It's also hard to be in the mood for objectives and essential questions in July. My need for CEU's is just to great to skip this. :>

Is there a plan for us to get copies of the lesson plans? I hope so, since I'm counting on all of your plans to help me through next year.

Lynne Schneider
Murrah High School
Jackson, MS

10 comments:

  1. I woke up this morning in a cold sweat, thinking I'd forgotten the lesson plan deadline. I'm so glad I was wrong. I have 4 whole days! yikes.

    I've been noodling around a couple of ideas, so I'm not starting from scratch. But I'm really glad you got done, Lynne. Good on you. You give me hope it can be done!

    Juli Stricklan
    Rigby High School
    Rigby, Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juli, unless the date has been pushed back, my understanding is that the lesson plan is due tomorrow (Friday the 10th) at 5:00. That's less than two days, not four. Am I wrong?

    And Lynne, I am confident yours will be one of the best. Now, no more all-nighters, OK?

    Rick Burd
    Wickenburg High School
    Wickenburg, Ariz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm finished with mine -- just sent it off to my daughter to eyeball before it gets sent finally. It's a shame none of us are anal or compulsive or anything.... ha, ha! Lynn (no E) Dulcie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's due Friday, July 10 by 5 p.m., Steve's time in Arizona.

    I hope to be 99-percent finished later today, then just do touchups then send it in the morning.

    To me this has been the most difficult part of the Institute, I guess because we're back at home with our families and have things to do in addition to the lesson plan. I've been "thinking" about it since I got home and putting words to paper since Monday.

    Mark Webber
    Laredo, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm, idn't think about that....I have been up to ears with kids and laundry. :> Not conducive to intelligent lesson planning at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sent mine to Steve a few minutes ago. If anybody would like a copy, holler at me and I'll shoot you one.
    Mark Webber
    Laredo, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe we should all just send them as attachments to our Reynolds Institute listserve. I'd truly love to see everyone's plans. We could all be a great help to each other that way.

    Lynne Schneider

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm just getting in my lesson plan this evening. I was at the National Education Association Representative Assembly and that was even more work then the fellowship if that is possible. I have rarely put in so much of my summer on work but it has been exciting and valuable though my principal had me in for a meeting three days ago to tell me I could not take the school paper on line. I told him I could and would but in the spirit of better communications between he and I, I was willing to listen to his concerns and see if we could not come to a meeting of the minds. The upshot of it was that he will pay for the next two issues of the school paper and I will put off uploading the website until January. Not a bad compromise all things being equal.
    Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to deal with the boss, Carol. You give me hope for MY boss.

    Lynne Schneider

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, had the deadline mixed up. I put it in my calendar as July 14. Luckily, most of the work was done so I sent it Sat morning. I checked out everyone's plans and WOW! I am so grateful for this network. I am going to use half of them (and attribute them, of course!). Thanks everyone!

    Debbie Aughey

    ReplyDelete