Monday, June 29, 2009

Back at Summer School

Virginia Barr
Turlock, CA

Back in the saddle today, teaching summer school. Friday night I came home slept for 5 hours and then moved everything I owned the next day, the high was 105.

I am in my new classroom and sad as I am to say it, I want summer school to end so that I can get the lead out on journalism. Three more weeks before I have the place all to myself. Then I have three weeks before school starts. It just does not seem like enough time. But I know that my staff and I can get it done.

One problem, my paper literally is dependant on a magnetic white board, but those in here are not magnetic...any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Virginia,
    I bought a couple of fiberous, tar paper-looking type of construction material, 4-feet by 8-feet in size, and cut them into various sizes to use as moveable bulletin boards. I cover the pieces with butcher paper. Push pins insert and remove easily. I bought them when I taught middle school, so they've been with me about 18 years.

    Also, you could purchase several pieces of 20-inch by 30-inch white foam board (or whatever size is available) from Michael's, Hobby Lobby, or other art-supply story. It's used for mounting photos or as backing for matts. Attach the pieces to the wall and maybe get some bordette the unify the pieces and viola! Instant bulletin board.

    My wife did this in a unused bedroom we converted to an office. It works great!

    Mark Webber
    Vidal M. Trevino School of Communications and Fine Arts
    Laredo, Texas

    ReplyDelete