Thursday, June 25, 2009

Student-Teacher

We are nearing the wrap up for the institute.  We have heard some great authorities tell us about the news process.  Now comes the real challenge for us - switching from student to teacher and working out how we will teach our students what we know.

I have talked with and listened to several members of the institute.  Some of them I have an idea of who they are as teachers.  Many others I wonder what their teaching styles are like.  I have observed them only in the role of student.  We have a diverse group of people and personalities here.  I am sure the range of teaching styles is just as broad.

My biggest disappointment for my time at the institute is that I will not have been able to get to know and understand more of the fellows that came.

Jeff Jones
Miyamura High School
Gallup, NM

1 comment:

  1. It's that end of camp feeling. We were so lucky to have been invited and the respect has been amazing. I have so much to think about, to work with, to look up. I am really happy about this whole experience. I hope we all stay in touch via list serv or this blog.

    Joanna Greer
    John F. Kennedy High School
    Silver Spring, MD

    ReplyDelete