Friday, June 26, 2009

Back in Texas and missing the Fellows...

It's a little after 1:00 a.m. here in Texas and I've finally unpacked. After telling my mother all that I could remember about the Institute, I sat down and began going over the ton of valuable information I stored away in my carry-on luggage. 

Just wanted to say it again, if I didn't emphasize it during today's final luncheon: "I enjoyed the opportunity to meet each and every educator that attended the Institute, and I learned so much that I will begin to apply immediately in the classroom." To say that I feel privileged to have been selected would be an understatement. I had an awesome time, and I will never forget the fellows.

It took less than two weeks for me to develop friendships that I anticipate will last a lifetime. It is also my prayer that each of you has returned home safely by now, with little to no airport frustration.  I hope that our paths do cross once again someday. Best of luck to each and every one of you with the upcoming school year. 

Ariawna Talton
Molina High School
Dallas, TX

**You can always keep up with me and with Beyonce via Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, or at Missari85@gmail.com!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Ari, I tried to post an answer from the dinky motel I ended up at after my plane got diverted and I missed my connecting flight, but my stupid iPhone wouldn't cooperate. Dang technology.

    I am finally home, and my suitcase made it too, so all is good. My family can hardly believe it when I tell them that pretty much every minute of the 12 days had something useful to make my classes better in it (them? let's see, "it" is referring to the minute, I believe, which is singular...dang that Jennifer Johnson too). I am so glad to have been there and to have met ya'll (for our Southern friends). I believe this institute has been life-altering, at least as far as the classroom goes.

    Juli Stricklan
    Rigby High School
    Rigby, Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see this until this afternoon. I had no flight issues, thank goodness, but got in to Jackson really late last night. Ari, it was nice to hear OTHER people make the word mail sound like it had three syllables while waiting for the luggage in our dinky airport.

    It's been a day to decompress (also known as sleeping late, taking a huge nap, and finally getting the washing machine going)and spending time catching up with the family. Monday I'm getting started on journalism "stuff," starting with a certain lesson plan I didn't really think about enough in Phoenix. I have a meeting Wednesday with our local high school press group, and I can't wait to share all I've learned. Or as much as I can fit in one meeting!

    Good luck to you all as you get home and get back in the routine there. Also, don't miss Debbie's email about the Google document she created with contact information.

    Lynne Schneider
    Murrah High School
    Jackson, Miss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to you -- I enjoyed meeting you and all of the others. I plan to get my notes transcribed as I enjoy (hopefully) cooler temps along the shores of Lake Michigan. Don't know how I'm gonna come up with a "new" lesson plan, but I'll angst about it.

    Lynn Dulcie
    RHHS
    Rock Hill, SC

    ReplyDelete