Friday, June 26, 2009

Final questions answered by panel, institute fellows

The final morning of the High School Journalism Institute has been the time for asking the questions that have been dogging participants.

Many questions have flown around the room with topics ranging from staff motivation techniques to sharing photos between yearbook and newspaper.

I found the discussion from Alan Weintraut about staff development to be particularly engaging. I have always developed the production schedule but after hearing Alan, I think I will meet with my editors before school starts and have them develop the schedule and begin planning staff development/team building activities.

The participants' comments on the various topics have also been very engaging and I appreciate the opportunity to listen to how others have tackled the sensitive issues we all deal with.

Trampus Willis
South Side High School
Fort Wayne, Ind.

No comments:

Post a Comment