Thursday, June 25, 2009

My ASNE highlight

(Kye Haina and Anna Horton shoot interview for the multimedia assignment)


I came to the Reynolds program looking forward to tackling writing and reporting. I have spent the last twenty plus years working in film and video. Even though I am no where near close to knowing all there is to know I wanted writing to be my focus during this time. 

One of the highlights though was working with Anna Horton during the multi-media assignment. She had such a good time and did such a great job shooting the pedi cab piece I felt like I was working with one of my students. I try to give a bit of info and then take a hands-off approach. The pedi-cab driver commented that an Arizona Republic photographer had been shooting with him the prior week and did a lot of the same shots. What a great complement for Anna.

Mark Silverstein
Douglas High School 
Douglas, Arizona


1 comment: