Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Making the most of video

Listening to Dave Cornelius talk about how to best incorporate video into the classroom was an enlightening experience. I've been wondering how to have my students use videos for some time now, especially after our experience creating our own videos. I want them to go up on the website, but I wasn't entirely sure how to get them there.

Learning about the features of iWeb makes it seem so easy. The different widgets available allow you to bring in videos both from your own computer as well as those that are hosted on the web. The different templates available seem like they will make creating your website a much simpler process than I initially imagined. I've been wondering about whether or not the time necessary to design an online site would be worth it as it seemed like such a daunting task. Now, I feel much more confident that it is possible.

Once I can play around in iWeb and figure out all the different functions, I know that we can create something usable that will appeal to our reader. As Cornelius mentioned that at least half of every page should have a visual, iWeb will be an easy way to ensure that it does. I've worked with several different web templates in the past, but the widgets function in this one is very appealing. It seems like it really does the work for you. Now, we just have to try it out with our own sites and find out if that's true.

Rebecca Jackson
Douglas County High School
Douglasville, Ga.

1 comment:

  1. I really appreciated Dave's expertise. I'm not going to be starting a video program, but his tips for websites were helpful. He clearly laid out the advantages of being on the web, and the different things to look for in planning a web page. I might even invest in a Mac in order to use iWeb! It looks like fun.

    Juli Stricklan
    Rigby High School
    Rigby, Idaho

    ReplyDelete