Friday, June 26, 2009

Dealing with the Boss



Yesterday, after a couple of days of comtemplating how I would write my email, I finally had the courage to e-mail my boss and ask for materials, software and supplies for my journalism program for the upcoming school year.

Having Kristin Gilger's, Assistant Dean for Professional Programs at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication of Arizona State University,lesson, was a great source of information.

I am very appreciative of having had the opportunity to have Gilger come and address our class. Her insight gave me a new perspective into my own boss, and how I could easily put myself in my principal's shoes.

Needless to say, now I await an email back. The easy part was asking for materials, the hard part will actually be getting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment