Thursday, June 25, 2009

Epic 2014: the future of news

Jason Manning presented us with some very interesting information on where storytelling is heading. With the ways in which information is being distributed constantly changing, many people have shared their concerns for what might happen next. Manning showed us the future through the eyes of the video "Epic 2014" which presented the changing world of technology in a new light.

This film shows us a lot about the history of the internet as well as the possible future. The lines blurred between truth and fiction which was very enlightening. I'm looking forward to showing this film to my high school students because I think they will get as much out of it as I did. It offers a different side to the way things are constantly changing, and I hope it would make them really think about the way things are as well as how they could be.

There are plenty of readers who find their news from the daily print paper, and there are many others who find their news on-line. In the end, it doesn't matter how the information is presented. It only matters that readers can find the information they want and get what they want out of it.

Rebecca Jackson
Douglas County High School
Douglasville, Ga.

1 comment:

  1. I had never seen the EPIC video until today and I must say that the idea is quite scary. I was actually reminded of the Terminator movies. Blurring the lines between people and machine is happening and our lives are becoming more and more dependent on technology and "convergence."

    ReplyDelete