Tuesday, June 23, 2009

If I knew then what I know now.....



     One of the best presentations for me at the Institute was Kristen Gilger's. If only someone had taken the time to talk to me about all of these interactive social issues, it would have saved me incredible amounts of time and sweat equity. Interpersonal skills are SO important in any venue -- the issues she hit on could help with your boss, your spouse, your sibling, friend or child. The topics we have hit in these two-weeks are so incredibly germaine to not only journalism, but life skills. I am so grateful to be here learning.
Lynn Wolf Dulcie
Rock Hill High School
Rock Hill, SC

1 comment:

  1. Having had to have difficult conversations with a principal, I heard a lot of truths during this part of the day.
    While it may have been a bit silly, parts of Debbie and Johanna's simulation were dead on. The hesitancy of the teacher going to the principal's office and the persistance to find a compromise were two things that rang true for me. That "lair" is scary to teachers and the potential tongue lashing you are about to receive can be intimidating.
    I wish I had some of the information discussed today before my difficult time in the principal's office.
    Jeff Fencl
    Del Norte High School
    Albuquerque, N.M.

    ReplyDelete